Exam times can be very stressful for certain students. Exam stress is nothing but a combination of fear and excitement at the same time. Students fear unfortunate scenes like poor grades or tough papers which eventually result in stress and anxiety about the future. But being one of the chilled people during exam days, is the art. Let’s see how to overcome that fear.
Look out for prolonged or extreme cases of the following if you feel the work’s piling up:
• Difficulty getting to sleep or difficulty waking up in the morning
• Constant tiredness
• Unexplained aches and pains
• Poor appetite
• Loss of interest in activities
• Increased anxiety and irritability
• Increased heart rate
• Blurred vision
How to overcome the exam stress.
The solution lies in first calming the physical body and then mental self and finally moving to the inner self- the seat of our confidence and courage, the seat of our will and more than that- our love towards our goal.
There’s a simple exercise that you can perform to relax yourself , it takes about 3–5 minutes which would help you calm down physically and mentally and help you move your attention to your inner self:
• Start with embracing a positive attitude
• Set up a routine and follow it through
• A change in the place of study helps
• Get enough sleep
• Eat healthy and follow a balanced diet
• It is important to revise
• Take a stroll after long study hours
• Exercise to beat stress
• Do not compare yourself with others. You are the best in yourself.
• Last of all, MEDITATE and connect with inner self to gain self confidence and motivation.